It seems we all have those hard-to-buy-for people and a few extra suggestions are always welcome.
So I once again went into my Amazon order history and picked out some ideas based on what I liked (based on orders the past year).
With Covid, there was a much bigger list to choose from as I’ve increased my Amazon orders substantially.
But I just picked the best of the best to share with you.
And I’ve arranged them by category just to help.
Let’s get to it! Here goes:
I think you all know I’m a big reader/listener. Here are some books I read this year and you might want to check out…
- Of course there’s my lists of top books. For instance, the only five money books you need to read, the 12 books to read to become a financial expert in a year, and my list of top retirement books.
- I liked both Atomic Habits and The Slight Edge. They are very similar and each contains a powerful truth that, if practiced, can radically improve people’s lives. I highly recommend both! (FYI, the Millionaire Money Mentors did Atomic Habits for our first book club reading and it was a hit!)
- A Time for Mercy — I’ve read every John Grisham book (the major ones) he’s written and have loved them all. This one features Jake Brigance (again) and I couldn’t help picturing him as Matthew McConaughey. Hahaha.
- I re-read both The 7 Habits of Highly Effective People and How to Win Friends & Influence People with my son this year and loved them both (again). It’s no wonder this remain on the best sellers lists even though they were written so long ago.
You have to enjoy yourself in early retirement, right?
Here are a few video games that have helped me enjoy some of my free time…
- Ghost of Tsushima – PlayStation 4 — Great, great, great video game. I played through it twice. Loved it.
- Assassin’s Creed Valhalla — My go-to video game series. I also loved this one. I’m still playing but am nearing 100 hours on it so far. 😉
- Marvel’s Spider-Man: Miles Morales — I haven’t [played this yet but will be for sure. The first Spider-Man was one of my all-time favorite video games and from what I’ve seen, this one looks like it’s very close to that one in style, fighting, etc. I played through the original four times, so I’m really looking forward to this one.
Just a few tried and true accessories that help with my workouts…
- Ascent Native Fuel Whey Protein Powder – Chocolate – 2 lbs — This is the only whey powder I’ve found that tastes good and doesn’t have a ton of junk in it (other than the pricey stuff I buy at Lifetime Fitness). The vanilla isn’t nearly as good, FYI.
- Body Back Buddy Classic – Trigger Point Back Massager — I had seen these for a long time and wondered if they really worked. I got one at the suggestion of a trainer friend and it helped a lot with issues I was having in my upper shoulders/neck (from doing too many pushups).
- Vermont’s Original Bag Balm — Colorado is very dry and as a result, tough on skin. This is the only thing I’ve found that really works to repair rough, dry skin. I use it mostly on my feet and legs because there is a bit of a smell to it. I put it on each time I go play pickleball and it keeps my feet fairly healthy.
A hodge podge of great items…
- MeoHui 11PCS Retractable Cat Feather Toy Set — I have purchased this four times. Yes, FOUR times. It’s because 1) my cat loves it and 2) he loves it so much he destroys it after so much play. Hahahaha. He likes to play with the worms on the pole. The feathers we just put in a box — he dives in and chews on them!
- Thinksport Sunscreen SPF 50+ — We found a tube of this in Grand Cayman one year and loved it. I’ve purchased it several times since then. As someone with a history of skin cancer and who lives in sunny Colorado, I use it every day.
- DELUX Ergonomic Wireless Mouse with USB Receiver — My favorite computer mouse. Yes, it takes some getting used to, but once I “got it”, I loved it. Don’t see myself going back to a regular mouse ever again.
- These two are from Zeus: Blue Buffalo Wilderness High Protein, Natural Adult Dry Cat Food, Chicken 12-lb and Blue Buffalo Wilderness High Protein Grain Free, Natural Adult Pate Wet Cat Food, Chicken 5.5-oz cans (Pack of 24). These are his favorites. He also likes the wet Turkey version.
- CO-Z Cat Litter Scoop Solid Aluminum Alloy Sifter Deep Shovel with Flexible Long Handle (Blue) — Best litter scoop I’ve ever had. there’s a reason it has 4.8 stars on Amazon.
- GE Ultrabrite Dimmable Sconce LED Night Light GEPlug-in — We use this in the cat’s room at night. yes, he may be a little spoiled. 😉
That’s my suggested list for this year. See anything you like? Or are there any products you’ve used this year that you especially like/recommend?