Welcome to ESI Money!
This site is about managing your money so you can become wealthy. I realize that “wealthy” is a moving target, but what you consider to be your “wealthy” is up to you. I simply share tips that have helped me amass a sizable net worth and you can pick and choose the most suitable for you.
This page is designed to tell you a bit about about the author, help introduce you to the site, and give a few tips for making the most of your time here.
About the Author
ESI Money is written by “ESI”, a 50-something retiree. The site is basically a list of what’s allowed me to become financially independent and how you can implement those successes in your life.
If you want to dig a bit deeper into who this ESI guy is, your best source is to read the posts in my About category. They all shed some sort of light into who I am, how I handle money, the issues I’m facing now, and so forth.
If you want a quick overview of my life as it relates to this site, check out these posts:
If you want a quick overview of my personal life and how I manage various aspects of my finances, here are a few posts I’d recommend reading:
- I Retired!
- The Day My Most Valuable Asset Took a Hit
- The First Million is the Hardest
- Financial Details of My Real Estate Investments
- How I Save a Fortune When Buying New Cars
- How We Paid Off Our Mortgage in 10 Years
My philosophy is simple and focuses on doing three simple things to achieve financial independence:
There’s a bit more to it than that, of course, but if you concentrate on these three areas, they will get you at least 90% of the way there.
Here are some of the posts that give a bit more detail on why the site was started and what it’s about:
Finding Your Way Around
Feel free to look around however you like. For those of you who want a bit more “guided” tour, here are some tips:
- The navigation at the top of the site will lead you to my most important and most written on topics. Simply click on a box (like “earn”) and you’ll be taken to specifics on that subject.
- If you’d like to see posts by category, by month, or a complete list of posts, visit my archives page or look at the list of categories in the right sidebar.
- If you want to see/read every post, check out this page containing the sequence in which each post was written.
As for specific categories, here are a few you might be interested in:
- Millionaires category — There’s no better way in my opinion to become wealthy than to learn from others who have done it. These millionaires share the tips and tactics that gave them high net worths. Spoiler alert: the tips often boil down to earning, saving, and investing.
- Not Experts category — This series points out the fact that many of the “financial experts” in media (TV, radio, print, web) and business (financial advisors) are not really that well-versed in how to become wealthy. And yet they hold themselves out to be and give advice as if they are true experts. This is a relatively new series but is already becoming very popular as we discuss the various ways we see these issues play out in our society.
- Retirement category — As an early retiree I’m able to point out both what it takes to retire early as well as how to manage being retired at a relatively young age. There’s some interesting stuff in here if you’re at all interested in early retirement.
Thanks for visiting!